[Chicago, IL] Targeting Capital – Revisiting Marx’s Capital
This year marks the 150th anniversary of the publication of Marx’s central work, Capital, which remains the best theoretical foundation for understanding and uprooting capitalism.
- Can a re-study of this work with eyes of today provide new insights concerning how to overcome capitalism?
- Can it illuminate ways to break free from capital’s logic of domination and exploitation, which is creating so much havoc on humanity and nature?
- Can it provide insights into why slavery ended in the United States but black oppression continued?
- Can it provide insight into the continued oppression of women everywhere?
- Can it inform our current struggles to create truly transformational strategies and principles?
While we must fight against injustice and exploitation in all their forms, we cannot overcome them unless we defeat the specter of capital.
Sponsored by the International Marxist-Humanist Organization
Web: https://www.internationalmarxisthumanist.org | Email: email@example.com |
Twitter: Go to IMHO homepage | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/imhorg