Chicago Targeting Capital: Revisiting Marx’s Capital
Join us for ongoing meetings to discuss Capital by Marx. These sessions are a collective endeavor to understand the definition and content of capital, and why earlier attempts at creating “socialist” or “communist” societies proved unable to defeat it. Bring your ideas, thoughts, and suggestions to what will be an open-ended discussion.
This year marks the 150th anniversary of the publication of Marx’s central work, Capital, which remains the best theoretical foundation for understanding and uprooting capitalism.
- Can a re-study of this work with eyes of today provide new insights concerning how to overcome capitalism?
- Can it illuminate ways to break free from capital’s logic of domination and exploitation, which is creating so much havoc on humanity and nature?
- Can it provide insights into why slavery ended in the United States but black oppression continued?
- Can it provide insight into the continued oppression of women everywhere?
- Can it inform our current struggles to create truly transformational strategies and principles?
While we must fight against injustice and exploitation in all their forms, we cannot overcome them unless we defeat the specter of capital.
Sponsored by the International Marxist-Humanist Organization
Web: https://www.internationalmarxisthumanist.org | Email: [email protected] |
Twitter: Go to IMHO homepage | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/imhorg