[Beverly Hills] Sidewalk Rally: Protest the Racist Assassination of Socialist Feminist Marielle Franco in Brazil
Wednesday March 28, 5-7PM
outside Brazilian Consulate
8484 Wilshire Blvd (corner La Cienega)
Sponsored by the Coalition for Peace, Revolution, and Social Justice
Socialist activist and immensely popular Rio de Janeiro city councilwoman Marielle Franco was an unapologetically Black, lesbian, and feminist champion of Brazil’s favelas and oppressed. On March 14, only days after exposing another police atrocity in the favelas, she and her driver, Anderson Pedro Gomes, were brutally murdered by gunmen using police-issued ammunition. We call this rally to honor her legacy and to call for justice. We stand with the tens of thousands in Brazil and around the world condemning this latest crime in the long war against Black people, women, LGBTQIA folks, and the working classes.
- Stop the Genocide of Black People in Brazil
- Who killed Marielle Franco?
- Marielle Franco Presente e Marielle Vive! (Marielle Franco is Present and Marielle Lives!)
- Black, Queer, Woman, Socialist: Murdered because she was all.
- For Marielle, I say no! I say no to military intervention!
- Down with Brazilian fascism! Down with police gangsters!
- Justice for Marielle! Justice for the favelas!